Alaska

Alaska
My Log Cabin in Alaska

Thursday, August 18, 2011

The calm before the storm

Not sure if I could say that this is the calm before the storm or the storm before the flood or what.  As I sit and think I remember some of the other first days of school that I have had.  Full of confidence, full of lofty ideas and plans, the world in the palm of my hand.  Then for what ever reasons I did not do so well. Many of the reasons were completely out of my control and I have mostly resolved that, but as I move forward to this new experience, older and hopefull wiser, I am not so confident, more down to earth, and I definately do not wish to have the world in the palm of my hand!

I do have a plan, but I have learned much more about planning.  I have confidence that I will succeed today, and that my family supports me.  And for now that is enough.  It is also enough that I know that I have made a difference in a scant few people in this life.  But those few were important indeed, and I have confidence that there is at least one more out there who may benefit by my presence.  I have learned to be patient, and I have learned to be confident not in myself, but in God.  And I will continue to learn, and I will make a plan that will be a road map for the next short time, but I will be alert for any alternate routs and I will be flexible.  That much I have for sure learned.

So, tomorrow I will embark into another 'first' in my world.  I will become a high school teacher.  Once again I am doing this backward, it seems to be my way!  I have not yet tested out and recieved my high school teaching certificate!  So, there is another for sure thing.  If I succeed this time, I had nothing to do with it.  If I make it here, it is all the work of the Lord, not me!  So, Dear Lord, hear my prayer, calm the storm that is to come and set my sails to Your Will.

And in the mean time, I have things to write and stuff to study, as well as dishes to wash!  And if anyone has an idea how to fix up things in this little garden, please drop a line, yea, down there in the comment box!  Thanks for sitting with me in the Garden Bench!

No comments:

Post a Comment