Alaska

Alaska
My Log Cabin in Alaska

Monday, September 12, 2011

The Drizzle After the Storm

Well, I suppose I should take a minute to sit and reflect and rest. It has been a busy month, and it does not look like it will get too much easier in the next few weeks.

The storm and the flood did not quite make, and I think I am in love (with teaching high school) But like the old Dean Martin Song said, “Aint that a kick in the head”! the other teacher came back, and since I did not have the little piece of paper that said I was qualified for the job, I lost it! So, like I said, I have a plan, and I am sticking to it!

So, I took (and passed) the certifying test for teaching high school science, and now I am preparing for the same exam but for math.  Yea, easier said than done!  You know the kind of stuff they want you to know???  It is that high level stuff that is all full of letters and symbols.  It looks like something from outer space!  Some of those equations are just wrong on more than one level!  But, when you think of it, there are folks out there who can do this stuff, and there are others who would like to learn it.  Someone said that this stuff was good for engineers and stuff like that, so, since I count myself as a pretty good teacher type person, I guess it is ONWARD THRU THE FOG!!

O yea, some of you know me as a little bit of drama queen, so you know it is not all that, but you also know that I am a bit stubborn and I refuse to give in, I refuse to give up, I refuse to quit!  So I have no choice but to study and pass that math test.  But right now, I am tired and a moment on my bench is what I need.

I know the picture on this page is of a cabin in Alaska, covered by snow, I have that up there as part of my refuge.  I am actually sitting in the middle of Texas during the hottest summer on record! And the summer has not quit yet! Yikes! Think cool!  Think rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment