Alaska

Alaska
My Log Cabin in Alaska

Saturday, October 17, 2015

I've missed you Garden Bench

My last post was many months ago. I come here when I just want to sit and think about what I love. That's what a garden bench is all about isn't it? But I let busy get in the way. I allow the little details of my life to pile up, turning into a log-jam of projects, and I leave no time for me.

Bad Idea!

Take time to do nothing. Sit, think, pray, find your inner self.

The details will take care of themselves.

So very long ago I learned a bit of wisdom from my father. Love what you do and do what you love. Do it to the best of your ability. Do it until it's not fun anymore, then do something else.

We are here in this life but a breath. Oh yeah, it looks like a long road when we're young. But trust me, that blamed road gets shorter with every birthday. And if we're honest, we don't really know what's around the next bend.

I've been listening to an audio book written and read by Elizabeth Gilbert. Big Magic is simply awesome. But her golden words are not new. I've known this most of my life. Many before her knew it and used it, even talked about it. But no one told the story as beautifully as Ms. Gilbert. Big Magic is the energy of ideas. The beautiful electricity that pulses all around us, that gives us what we need to complete a unique task; a lovely dinner, a beautiful piece of furniture, a quilt, a book, or whatever you are doing. Right now, my energy is simply to sit on the bench and look inward.

Maybe I'll be back again soon, dear bench.

No comments:

Post a Comment